Sep 2, 2013
Lovely dress, but not what I expected
Size worn: SR
Overall fit: True to Size
Rented for: Wedding
I ordered the MR as my primary size, but got the SR as a backup. I ended up wearing the SR. The length was perfect with 4-5" heels.
A few things on this dress:
1) It dress is not gold. It may appear gold in pictures, especially when using flash, but this dress is way closer to bronze than it is to gold. Plan accessories and makeup accordingly.
2) The material is a lot more casual than it appears in the photo. It is a jersey-like material with the metallic thread texture woven into it. If you are looking for a more formal gown, this dress might not be what you are looking for.
3) Although the bottom of the dress flows, it clings somewhat to the shape of the hips. If this a trouble area for you, shapewear is definitely in order. If shapewear doesn't smooth out the bumps enough for you, this dress, given its material and clingy-ness may not work as well as you'd like.
4) Because the material is pretty casual, this dress is also pretty comfortable. I danced for hours and besides the waist shifting a little, (probably more because of my moves than the dress!) I have no complaints of discomfort.
5) You'll want to wear a good strapless bra with this dress. I usually go without if the structure of the dress provides sufficient support, but this one needed the extra reinforcements.
Also, I had a bit of an issue with how the zipper, which is set into black fabric, seemed to be overly exposed. The dress didn't fit me tight, so it wasn't because it was being stretched (see photo). I assume that the zipper issue was because of previous wear, not because of the design of the garment.
Overall, I had an adequate experience with this rental. I really with I had known about the color and the texture of the fabric ahead of time. I recommend this dress if you you are looking for something sparkly but not too dramatic to wear to a special occasion. It photographs well and looks great with short hair or an updo!