December 3, 2011
The Bride wouldn't stop telling me how gorgeous I looked! I fit in perfectly at my first Indian Wedding Reception...
First - When I saw this dress online I knew it would be perfect for the Indian wedding reception we were going to of a coworker of mine! I was not wrong... even for a November wedding it was a total fit for the bright colors and bling that is expected at an Indian wedding reception. Everyone loved the dress - my coworkers, the other Indian guests dressed in saris, and the bride herself! In fact, when she got back to the office from her honeymoon she told me again that I looked gorgeous.
Now for the downside- it runs a little large and is not as flattering as on the model. I had ordered the dress in my typical size 4, and requested a 2 for a backup size; but the backup size was not in, so the RTR staff sent me an alternate dress (another Bradley Mishka that was cute but NOT this perfect dress). In the size 4, the dress just hung on me, instead of fitting to my figure... I ended up with saftey pins down the side to pinch it together a bit. It was beautiful, but not sultry or sexy like in the picture. It still worked for the event, EVERYONE loved it... but I wish I had gotten it in the smaller size.
Other notes on the dress:
- Size 4 was long on me, hit just above the knee (I'm 5'4")
- the slip does hang slightly lower than the sequin shell, but I didn't care
- the color is brighter and more vibrant than in the modeled picture, making it even more stunning
- if you have never worn sequins you might be surprised they can rub you the wrong way and be irritating, have a drink and get over it
- I'm a 34D and the size 4 top was a little large... I added some padding to help give me shape in the dress and lessen the gapping that was going on under the arm.
Notes on RTR:
- Super on customer service! When the size 2 wasn't available I got a phone call and a stylist picked out an alternate dress for me... wasn't a bad choice but I'm not sure anything was more appropriate for my event than this one.
- Getting the dress here and shipped back couldn't be easier.
- Will use again when my budget allows!