RENT THE RUNWAY
Late Fee Policy
Late Fee Policy
We take pride in meeting and exceeding the expectations of all of our customers by providing an exceptional experience that begins with an on-time delivery. When a dress or accessory is not returned to us on time by a customer, or is lost or stolen, it impacts our ability to deliver on our promises to other customers and it harms our business. Because our products are unique and not replaceable, we cannot purchase additional products to fulfill orders due to late returns. We rely on our customers to return our products on time so that we can continue to fulfill orders for other customers. Please review our Late Fee Policy below which explains how to return your rental products and outlines the late fees charged for late returns.
- The date to send back your rental items is stated in your online invoice. In order to avoid a late fee, you must send back the products you rented in the return packaging provided to you by Rent the Runway. The return service provider is UPS.
- You must deliver the products to a UPS store located in the United States by 12 p.m. on or before the product return date specified in your order. If you do this, your package will be scanned by UPS by the next day and returned to Rent the Runway on time.
- If you lose the return packaging, you are responsible for returning the item at your own expense by the expected return date, and providing Rent the Runway with a tracking number. Returns should be sent to the following address:
Rent the Runway
225 Meadowlands Parkway
Secaucus, NJ 07094
- If you return your rental items late or do not return your rental items at all, a late fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) will be charged to the payment card you used to pay the rental fee for the late items or to any other payment card included in your account information that you have provided to Rent the Runway for every day that you are late returning the products, up to an amount not to exceed 200% of the retail value of the products you ordered, plus applicable sales tax. This late fee is in addition to the rental fee for the products.
- The late fee is payable for each order that is not returned when due, not for each product. For example, if you rented two items in one order, you will be charged $50 per day, not $100 per day in late fees .
- If you pay us an amount equal to 200% of the retail value in late fees and you still have the product in your possession, the product is yours to keep.
- If you have not returned a rental item within 20 days after the return date, your late return will be considered a non-return and Rent the Runway will charge your credit card or debit card the maximum late fee, less any fees, plus applicable sales tax that you have already paid.